2015 // The Year That Was


Well my baby sunflower's that was 2015. Another year done.




You know that your really getting old when you blink and the year is done.

On reflection of this year I think it's safe to say that my motto has been 'You live and you learn'.

I kicked the year off with a bang and visiting the beautiful Philippines in February and witnessing my best friend marry her soul mate. It was an amazing adventure. The sights, smell's and taste's of the Philippines were some of the best that I had experienced. It was such a great trip!

After spending the next few months in a bit of a rough patch in my personal life, I needed to clear my head and create some space and direction in my life. I joined the gym, picked up a part time job as a bridal stylist and things were looking up.

Bridal is a beautiful thing. When a bride finds her perfect dress there is tears, laughs and hugs. It can be hard trying to please both the bride and the bride's mother who is there but in the end its a great job that I would go the extra mile for to ensure the girl looks a million bucks on her big day. Unfortunately my wellbeing was suffering with the stress of the environment due to some other factors which I wont go into detail on, but I needed to change jobs. I picked up one a couple weeks later at doing retail over the christmas period at a department store.

I celebrated my 25th birthday in style. We had a beautiful spring day and treated ourselves to a lovely boozy lunch at a winery in the Waipara Valley.

Other highlight's this year included my son being able to talk and put sentences together. Im sure I will regret saying that in a few years when he just talks and talks but its such a cool milestone!
We brought a boat which is definately being put to good use this summer and I have learnt so many different things this year with the choices that have been made.

Blogging wise, my instagram has recently hit 500 followers so thank you so much! If your not following then you can by clicking here. I have come up with a schedule that I can stick too and a system for writing post's which im really proud off. I have made some incredible friends through blogging this year and I want to thank you all for your support!!

So here's to 2016, lets be even better than this year!

xx

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting gorgeous! Ill reply as soon as I can xxx

Latest Instagrams

© More Than Makeup. Design by Fearne.