BABY // Aquamamma Hydration Drink


Hi doll's!

I'm sure 90% of us can admit that during pregnancy it can be hard to keep hydrated. At some point we have felt nauseous, fatigued and exhausted and even though we know its important to keep hydrated it's just too hard. 

Its a known fact that folic acid and iodine is essential for baby's growth and one of the first things that is done when your pregnant is given pre natal vitamins. But sometimes taking these daily get's put in the 'to hard basket' or we just forget to take them.

I've been super lucky enough to be sent some of the first stock that New Zealand has received of a new product that is here to help both breastfeeding mama's and mums to be. And it's called Aquamamma.


Aquamamma was developed by an obstetrician to help meet the hydration and electrolyte needs of pregnant and breastfeeding women. It is ideal for all stages of pregnancy, labour and childbirth. It is also a fantastic drink for breastfeeding women to have handy. 

It comes in three different flavours - Orange, Berry and Lemon. You also have the choice of a convenient 450ml bottle or 1L bottle's. Aquamamma contains folic acid which is essential for baby's growth, is low in calories and sodium and also only contains 2.5g of sugar per 100ml's. This is less than what you would find in both sport's drinks and fruit juices. 


Initially, I tried the orange flavoured drink. I was expecting it to be quite sweet with the vibrant orange colour it has and was almost bracing myself for something strong. What I found though was that it tasted exactly like an orange flavoured drink should but not near as sickly or sweet as what I was expecting. It wasn't over powering at all and I found it super easy to drink the whole bottle. 

Next I tried the berry and I have to say that having the 1 litre  bottle in the fridge was perfect. It lasted the entire day and made for a nice treat to have an alternative to water available. The berry flavouring was perfect and tasted just like raspberry cordial. My toddler even had a few mouth fulls and loved it!  I feel comfortable giving him some of this because of the added vitamins and low sugar quantity.


Lemon was the third one I tried as im not generally a fan of lemon. However, it wasn't bad! It was really refreshing to wake up in the morning and have a little burst of lemon. It wasn't tangy or sour and tasted similar to that of freshly squeezed lemon juice. I also gave some of the lemon flavour to a friend who was really impressed with how authentic the lemon taste was.

Berry is my favourite!
I've been drinking Aquamamma for the last two week's and have noticed that it has helped me in so many different ways. Normally by 3pm I struggle to stay awake but now I actually have the energy to last all day. It keeps me hydrated and both my lip's and my eye's aren't as dry or sore as what they have been so far this winter. 

You can purchase Aquamma from their website here and they come in bulk packs of either a 6 pack of 1L bottles or a 10 pack of the 450mls bottles. I'm definitely going to be stocking up on these as they are going to be on standby for those late night feed's! 

I've just seen on Aquamamma's website that if you make a purchase online before 01st September 2016 you get free shipping! So take advantage of that while it's there!

Aquamamma can also be reached on their facebook page or instagram. 

Do you think you will be investing in some of these? We're you always looking for an alternative to water that still tasted great while you were pregnant? 

Analesha x

*I was kindly sent this product for review. 

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting gorgeous! Ill reply as soon as I can xxx

Latest Instagrams

© More Than Makeup. Design by Fearne.