EVENT // Bubbles + Brows Review + VLOG


Good morning beauties!

In May, one of my good friends and I had the opportunity to attend an event at a beauty parlour out in Sumner, Christchurch. It was just an event that we had seen on Facebook but had been keen to check it out anyway. 

So we payed $10 each (which was redeemable on product on the day) and headed out there. WE knew that the event was limited to 20 people so it wasn't going to be too busy. 

What we thought we were doing and what we actually did were two different things. We thought we were having drinks and nibbles, hearing about the product's the salon uses and then receiving a 'brow makeover' as it was advertised. 

However, the salon was a such a small studio that it was a struggle to fit 10 people in there. When we first entered we were greeted with 'what is your name?' . Like no hello, nothing. We were lucky enough to find two of the four seat's vacant and take them up and found ourself something to drink. After ten minutes of sitting their awkwardly we were called to enter a room with one of their staff. 

Now, I am such a clumsy person that I put my glass on the table and stood up to leave - then knocked it over. Red cranberry juice dripping off their table. Their staff had no idea I had even knocked a drink over and thank god for my friend and the two strangers that kindly helped me clean it up. 

We entered the room and were told that there was no waxing or tinting happening today. So we were slightly confused about what our 'brow make over' consisted off. The beauty therapist then proceeded to brush the product that I already had on my brow's into the 'perfect shape' and then I was done. Ainsley got her brow's brushed into shape next by the beauty therapist and her spooly. 

We briefly touched on the billion dollar brow product's the salon uses as I already use the universal brow pencil, but not alot else was said. 

And we were done. We went back out to the small foyer and were given a goody bag. You can see what we received in these in the video below as Ainsley shows you what is in hers. 

We both brought one item using our $10 credit that we had paid to book and were out of there. After arriving just after 2pm it was now 2.40pm. 

We were pretty disappointed at the event and how it was run. I'm sure that this is the first time the salon has run a 'VIP Event' as it was advertised but we left feeling a little deflated. I'm sure this was a learning curve for the salon as much as it was for us. 


Check out the vlog below where I take you along with us so you can get a feel for how the event was run!




Lipstick and love! 

Analesha xxx

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting gorgeous! Ill reply as soon as I can xxx

Latest Instagrams

© More Than Makeup. Design by Fearne.