The Beauty Edit // International Lipstick Day

International Lipstick Day 2016

Hi beauties!

Last week (July 29th) it was international lipstick day. If your a lipstick junkie of any type you will find any reason to celebrate those little beauties that we have millions of. I thought today id celebrate International Lipstick Day a few day's late and share with you my favourite brand's of lipstick's.

You can find extensive post's on my top 5 red lipstick's, pink lipstick's and brown's but I thought that the brand's need a little love to. Because there are some great formula's out there.

MAC Lipsticks

1) MAC

In the top spot is Mac Cosmetics. It may seem like you hear this from most beauty blogger's but their lipstick formula is just so unbeatable. The fact that MAC have so many different type's of lipstick's (cream sheen, matte, satin, cremesheen and lustre just to name a few) and their formula is still creamy and non drying is impressive. My holy grail lipstick's from MAC are RiRi Woo which is a matte lipstick and Asian Flower which is cream sheen.

Jeffree Star Valour Liquid Lipstick

2) Jeffree Star
He's probably one of the most controversial beauty influencer's in the game at the moment but weather you love or hate him there is no denying his lipstick's are outstanding. Jeffree Star is changing the liquid lipstick game and always releasing new shade's. The formula's for his lipstick's are creamy, they don't fall into the crack's of my lips and I also have a few seconds once I apply to tidy up the line's before it sets.

Nars Creamy Lip Pencil


3) NARS

I've only recently been introduced to NARS creamy lip pencil's and my life has changed for the better. I am in love with their formula and when it's described as creamy, it's certainly not lying. I found these to be the perfect lip colours for work. Long lasting, the one pictured is perfect for every day wear and super creamy. I would only need to re-apply this once over the day and even though it wasn't matte it was still super pigmented.


Bobbi Brown Lipstick

4) Bobbi Brown

I feel like Bobbi Brown's is a brand that deserves to be praised more often. I've heard from a few people that they feel like Bobbi brown is a brand for older ladies but that is not true! Bobbi Brown have lipsticks, lip pencil's and glosses so there is something for everyone. Also hydrating and super pigmented you will find that with just one swipe the colour pay off might be all you need.

Maybelline NY Lipstick

5) Maybelline New York

If there is a 'drugstore' brand that I look for a lipstick from, it will probably be from Maybelline. Their vivid matte collection stands out for me as those lipstick's are so bright but also pigmented. I've found Maybelline to be the most creamy in their formula, although sometime's if your not careful it can get quite messy. But their matte staying power is long lasting and pigmented too!

So there are my personal favourites! What brands have you found that have great lipstick formula's?

Lipstick and love! x

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting gorgeous! Ill reply as soon as I can xxx

Latest Instagrams

© More Than Makeup. Design by Fearne.