Beauty Try Out's // Nivea After Shave Balm As A Primer?

Nivea After Shave Balm

I've been a bit slow to catch on to the whole 'can a men's skin care product really be used as a primer?' trend.

I mean, sure i've watched Nikki Tutorial's youtube channel religiously and heard her go on about it but when it came to buying the product it always slipped my mind.

Anyway, running low on primer I thought it was time to bite the bullet and buy it.

I have read everyone's blog review's about it so thought it was time to create my opinion on it. I picked this up at the supermarket for around $11. $11 for 100ml's of product works out to be pretty damn affordable for a primer if it works out well.

So what's the science behind using this as a primer? I'll let Nikki explain with this video of her's. TIP -  skip to about  3.10 to hear about the Nivea After Shave Balm.



The bottle is square, solid and quite heavy. It has a sturdy cap on it aswell so no product is ever going to escape this packaging. I like the colour scheme it has going on. I love products that look clean and the majority of the bottle is white and I get the impression.

Nivea After Shave Balm comes in two categories. There is normal and then sensitive. You need to grab the one for sensitive skin so read the packaging carefully. It has a 'masculine' smell to the product. I don't find it too overwhelming and it dissapears once you work the product into the skin.

The key to using the Nivea After Shave Balm as a primer is to work it into your skin and wait until it become's tacky beofre applying your foundation over top. This takes about 30 second's and you will definately know when it's turned tacky. My foundation goes on super smoothly over top and doesn't become patchy at all. I also find that I don't need as much foundation as it make's a little go along way.

Anyway here are the results -

Nivea After Shave Balm
Excuse the fact that I look exhausted in photo number 2 and then I feel like photo 3 could be a mug shot! It holds very well. As you can see by 12 hour's my nose is a little red but that happens with any make up I wear. 

I'm pretty impressed by how it held everything and stayed fresh. It didn't aggravate my skin at all and I have been loving it. 

Have you used the after shave balm as a primer yet? What do you think about it? 

Lipstick and love! 

Analesha x


Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting gorgeous! Ill reply as soon as I can xxx

Latest Instagrams

© More Than Makeup. Design by Fearne.